Girls’ Night beverages have become predictable: cosmos for Sex In The City marathons, wine by the bottle for Nicholas Sparks movies, and champ’ for the Real Housewives finales (and reunion shows!). Show your gals something different by mixing up your own raspberry lemon drop martinis with far less sugar than the traditional bar version. Raspberry liqueur can be great in lemon drops, but the high price makes it tough to justify using for only occasional use. Try these fresh ingredients for the freshest raspberry lemon drop.
- 4 ounces vodka
- 1 ounce meyer lemon juice (half a small lemon)
- 8-10 raspberries
- pinch of sugar
- lemon slices (to garnish)
- ice as desired
- Muddle your raspberries in a shaker until all juice has been extracted.
- Add vodka, lemon juice, sugar, and ice, and shake vigorously.
- Carefully pour the cocktail through a mesh strainer into a martini glass. Garnish with a lemon slice.